Special Yoga Summer Equinox
Time & Location
About the Event
The summer equinox is our signal to celebrate summer. Many people and tribes are doing rituals to honor the longest day of the year with the most sunlight, longest days, late sunsets and short nights.
The fiery and passionate energy of the summer is literally blooming inside of us. The tradition brings a celebration for the Summer Equinox by practicing 108 Sun Salutations to honor Surya (the Sun), our primary source of light. In this workshop we will focus on the basics and will do +/- 36 Surya Namaskars. This is a symbolic way to honor the Sun through dynamic asana sequence. The rhythmic movements generate extra vibrant energy within and activates the circulation systems in the body.
Being in sync with the solar cycle is an important part of balance and receptivity.
In this workshop you learn to “digest” the sun energy, to internalize it, but you’ll also see how to balance this fiery energy. Typically for the summer, the heavenly energy descends, and the earthly energy rises. Balancing and syncing with this new rhythm will nurture our creative energies.
This workshop includes:
· Introduction into the Surya Namaskar (traditions and ritual)
· +/- 36 Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutations)
· Cooling pranayama techniques
· Working with the Fire element
· Introduction in Chinese medicine for nutritional tips
· Relaxation and meditation at the end
· On the spot available: yoga mats & props, herbal tea & water
- Yoga Summer Equinox€25€250€0